A delectable hamper for any ale lover. Presented in a Chatsworth gift box, this hamper includes:
- Chatsworth Gardener’s Tap ale 500ml
- Peak Ales Chatsworth Gold 500ml
- Chatsworth straight sided pint glass
- Chatsworth chicken rillette with lemon oil and cracked black pepper 110g
- Chatsworth orchard chutney with spiced apple and onion 300g
- Mr Trotter’s pork crackling 100g
- Miller’s elements ale crackers 100g
- Chatsworth plain chocolate bar 85g
The story behind Gardener’s Tap Ale
When James Paine built the Chatsworth stables in the 1760s, a brewery was included. Rather than carry the barrels to the house cellar, a lead pipe was sunk from the brew house through the garden to the cellar.
In the 1950s, it was decided to uproot the lead pipe for the salvage value. When tracing it through the first Duke’s greenhouse, it was found that the gardeners had tapped into it! When ale was flowing down the pipe, the brewers would tip the wink to the gardeners so they could ‘borrow’ the odd pint or two.
Gardener's Tap is still brewed to an original recipe by Peak Ales, a brewery on the Chatsworth Estate.
The Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop range
We take pride in the produce we create - sourcing specially created products some using our own recipes and recipe development. We taste our products at each stage of development ensuring that our Chatsworth products are best in class, in fact several are award-winning!
For a full list of ingredients and allergens, please contact us.